Pages





It all started from a friend, a colleague, a peer . . .
From being bored with the same routine, from plateauing time and time again . . .
I wanted to get healthy, I wanted people around me who cared . . .

They called it constantly varied, functional movements, executed at high intensity . . .

It's about taking the first step -

It's called CrossFit and I friggin' love it!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Don't Play To Your Strengths

They are always there, but just cause you are good at it, doesn't mean you do it all the time. . .


The focus should be on the weakness, not necessarily what you don't know, but what you aren't good at.

Not what can be done once or twice, but maybe twenty or thirty times perfectly.

I still think to this day that I need to work on air squats. . .why?  Because it is so much more than just an air squat, it's my foundation to my back squat, my front squat, and my overhead squat.  The foot position is my land position for the clean and the snatch.

Going overhead with any weight doesn't petrify me, but it is difficult to become used to getting weight up over head and keeping it there, but the peak is only as strong as it's foundation.

Last night was the gymnastic move skin the cat.  And people weren't petrified of the movement itself, they were uncomfortable being upside down.  There is an opportunity to adjust to that and overcome that obstacle - think about it in the future.

The next time an open skill set presents itself, or a weakness presents itself, a little reminder to everyone - even the simplest of movements can determine what happens when things become complex - so stick to the basics.

- Coach Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment