Pages





It all started from a friend, a colleague, a peer . . .
From being bored with the same routine, from plateauing time and time again . . .
I wanted to get healthy, I wanted people around me who cared . . .

They called it constantly varied, functional movements, executed at high intensity . . .

It's about taking the first step -

It's called CrossFit and I friggin' love it!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Patience Required

It never takes a minute to become a expert, it takes a lifetime of failures, accomplishments, mistakes and near triumphs. . .




What we saw last night was not patience.  It was the rush of a quick workout that excited the body, as we moved to push ourselves into the realm that we know to bring us to the "next level".  Last night should have a been a moment to step back:

Considering dips are normally done on rings. . .

Considering that power cleans have a jump position and a land position. . .

Considering that we don't reverse curl a power clean. . .

Considering that we Air Squat to hip crease below knee. . .

Two things really jumped out at me throughout the workouts that I saw.

First and foremost was the rushing of individuals to get in rounds.  Rounds are a great way to score oneself, but judging oneself requires one to look at their own body.  Change what is seen based on what you hear from the Coaches, their cues are your gateway to getting  

The second item to address was the passion in people's eyes.  I heart intensity, I think it brings people places that they themselves are unaware of, but we cannot succumb to passion without initiating technique.

Don't rush each rep, practice each rep to maximize your potential.  It will all fall into place, this I can promise you.

-Coach Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment