Pages





It all started from a friend, a colleague, a peer . . .
From being bored with the same routine, from plateauing time and time again . . .
I wanted to get healthy, I wanted people around me who cared . . .

They called it constantly varied, functional movements, executed at high intensity . . .

It's about taking the first step -

It's called CrossFit and I friggin' love it!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Downward Dog

Reflective, calming and better for you than you think.  Stretching, before and after a workout, can provide numerous benefits that transcend just your performance.  Being a supple leopard doesn't come overnight, it's pretty similar to mastering olympic lifting, it takes a lot of patience and practice.


For starters, www.mobilitywod.com is an exceptional beginning point. . .

To start, holy creepers!!!  Ten minutes outside of a workout, are you kidding me?  That'll take up my whole day.

Forgive me, I know you are busy, but some us are too busy for a class of yoga and holding the downward dog for an hour . . .
Wait a minute . . .


 Alright that makes a little more sense. . .


So now that we know we gotta stretch outside of our current regimen, let's just take a look at last night. . .

We allotted some time before the workout so that we could work on wrist flexibility and mobility, however, I didn't see a whole lot of folks working any other stretch (speaking from the majority of folks).  After we worked on getting to a 1 rep max clean, I didn't see any folks stretching - even if only for a moment - for the actual workout.

Once the workout was done, there was a handful of folks that did some stretching and then took off.  Reap what you sow folks.  If you woke up stiff and slightly sore, I may throw some money down that it was due to a lack of stretching.

On a side note, our classes were low in # yesterday and the days are getting shorter and colder.  Don't be a bear and go into hibernation, although sitting by a fire with a hot cup of joe (or whatever you prefer) can be relaxing, I am pretty sure it is not nearly as rewarding - too each their own though.

-Coach Tony

"Don't keep reaching for the stars because you'll just look like an idiot stretching that way for no reason."
Jimmy Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment