Pages





It all started from a friend, a colleague, a peer . . .
From being bored with the same routine, from plateauing time and time again . . .
I wanted to get healthy, I wanted people around me who cared . . .

They called it constantly varied, functional movements, executed at high intensity . . .

It's about taking the first step -

It's called CrossFit and I friggin' love it!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I Put My Chips on Black

After some thought, I figured this just might need to be said . . .

When was the last time it was all or nothing?

When did you last put all your chips on black?

I had a pretty serious internal debate as I was watching the athlete's last night. 

Last week there was a workout where athletes would run 800 meters, do 30 power snatches, and run 800 meters for time.  It struck me as odd - some athlete's decided to saunter through the first 800 meters, only to get caught up in the 30 power snatches because for some odd reason, the hips wouldn't respond to the minds command to open up and allow that weight to fly effortlessly overhead.  Others had sprinted the first 800 meters, deciding to go controlled and steady on the 30 power snatches, and sprint the last 800 meters.  These are two very different approaches to the workout

Once in awhile, you should try and get your mind into the most competitive mode possible.  Develop a good habit that is hard to break, it will pay out in dividends you can't imagine right now.  Laying it all out on the table at the chance to achieve a very possible reward takes a strong mental attitude and an unbreakable spirit.  Last night's CrossFit Total provided a good reference point for all your future endeavors.  It will also provide you an opportunity to see what you are truly capable of.

Unfortunately, the last two evenings of work outside of CrossFit have caught up with me ten-fold.  So pardon my lack of content and instead think of the possibilities that such small insight can present to you.

"He is a man of courage who does not run away, but remains at his post and fights against the enemy. "
Socrates

- Coach Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment