Pages





It all started from a friend, a colleague, a peer . . .
From being bored with the same routine, from plateauing time and time again . . .
I wanted to get healthy, I wanted people around me who cared . . .

They called it constantly varied, functional movements, executed at high intensity . . .

It's about taking the first step -

It's called CrossFit and I friggin' love it!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Strength

There isn't too much that surprises me on a daily basis, but last night happened to do that and I would like to take the time to discuss a little bit about the technique of the power clean and then talk about last night's workout.

I just want to bring a video to your attention about the power clean:
Great technique video for those that are looking for more information.

This blog happens to be about the workout that was posted last night.  This workout should have decimated folks, but it didn't.  It was a Clean and Jerk for a 1 rep max, no time limit.  I would have been lifting all night trying to get a PR, not that some folks didn't try for a longer period of time than originally allotted for.  I completely understand that this movement is difficult.  The technique that is involved is intricate and I absolutely love this video for it, start about a minute in:
But you have to keep going up, failure is okay, you want to get underneath that bar and move that weight.  It is never just 1 attempt and fail - you keep trying to get underneath that bar. 

Tonight had it's fair share of positives, a lot of people did really, really well on their lifts.  Someone even reached one of their 500 meter Row goals (Go SUE!) Congratulations to all!  Now we have to look forward to the first games WOD, which I will most likely end up talking about tomorrow!

WOOHOO

-Coach Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment