Pages





It all started from a friend, a colleague, a peer . . .
From being bored with the same routine, from plateauing time and time again . . .
I wanted to get healthy, I wanted people around me who cared . . .

They called it constantly varied, functional movements, executed at high intensity . . .

It's about taking the first step -

It's called CrossFit and I friggin' love it!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Getting Ready

I started last night off on a sour note.  I was recovering from being sick and I wasn't about to let down the athlete's that I coach and not be there for them.  As I was already on antibiotics and cold medicine, the only thing I really didn't have was my voice, but I would be there for them.


A quick shoutout to all the athlete's at CrossFit Relentless and CrossFit 033 who performed "Murph" last night, amazing job by everyone!

So, it is the eve of the beginning of the CrossFit Games.  A lot of people have written something about it:

Lisbeth Darsh from CrossFit Watertown:
http://crossfitlisbeth.com/

Kevin Daigle from CrossFit New England:
http://www.daiglebreathesfire.com/

The tension is visible, the anxiety overwhelming.  I find it interesting that the Games is seen as the culmination of a year worth of efforts.  But I don't look at the Games as my stomping grounds.  Sure, I signed up, I will go as far as my mind and body will take me.  To me, it is just another workout, just another avenue to compare myself to others and to myself.  I am sure that some of the workouts that are going to be performed this week have been performed in the past.  And for that, I can't wait to see my own improvement.  I also can't wait to see the creativity that will come out of HQ. 

This is just a quick post tonight, as I am coming off of being sick, I want to rest up for what is sure to be an epic six weeks of Coaching mixed with my own trials and tribulations regarding the CrossFit games. 

-Coach Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment