Pages





It all started from a friend, a colleague, a peer . . .
From being bored with the same routine, from plateauing time and time again . . .
I wanted to get healthy, I wanted people around me who cared . . .

They called it constantly varied, functional movements, executed at high intensity . . .

It's about taking the first step -

It's called CrossFit and I friggin' love it!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Musings (part 2)

What were you doing before CrossFit?  Before getting back to being active?



Sometimes, it makes you wonder where you would be.  Most likely I would still be running - I always did have a thing for the wayward road, the pavement moving underneath my feet.  But running has a way of taking it's toll, as most (note: I said most) sport specific training has the tendency to do.  Not to say that it is a bad thing, again, anything that keeps you active (and happy) is a worthwhile endeavor, however, being safe and being conscious of our bodies is worthwhile as well.

I would also like to be swimming, because I gotta admit, I love to swim.  I love being in water and one of the things I used to love to do in my youth (haha, my youth - I won't say that again for those of you who know how old/young I am) was swim as far as I could underwater.  The furthest I have gone is 60m, probably couldn't do that right at the moment, but I would give it a shot again in a heartbeat.

I have always tried to do things that people say can't be done, hence swinging from bar to bar or swimming from end of the pool to end of the pool.  I can remember being just a smidgen overweight and people reminiscing about "how it was back in the old days." You know, college, high school, etc.


I have to say that going out and doing something about getting back to those days is never too late.  Help yourself to achieve whatever you desire.  If you are 60, chances of you playing in the NBA are pretty slim, but playing in a Recreation Basketball League are not - and being the best you can be.

If you have never run a 5k before and always wanted to. . . we might be able to show you the way.

Always wanted to lift some weight or do a pull-up. . . we can manage that goal - for you.


This journey starts with your decision - the decision sets you on a path, and it should also come with a goal.

So set your goal. . .

Shy about competing?  Do it for you, do it on your own.  

What I want is action, not dreams.  Dreams take up space in the mind, but action leads to inevitable change.  A change in you that is dramatic - and can be never ending.


Take for instance the Oly-lifters.  There quest is to lift as much as they can.  It never ends!  They want to lift and keep lifting heavier and heavier.


And because of that, they are an inspiration to so many, so look to them for the ability to press on and do more than you could ever imagine.

-Coach Tony

PS - A huge shout out to all the night classes, last night was awesome!!  A great work out, with great work ethic, and tons of great technique being shown.  Thank you everyone!

 

1 comment:

  1. Great words Tony! Interestingly, on our ride home last night some of us were talking about our personal goals for Crossfit. I have mine. I believe that goals help motivate you and, when met, give you a moment to reflect on how far you have come.

    ReplyDelete