Pages





It all started from a friend, a colleague, a peer . . .
From being bored with the same routine, from plateauing time and time again . . .
I wanted to get healthy, I wanted people around me who cared . . .

They called it constantly varied, functional movements, executed at high intensity . . .

It's about taking the first step -

It's called CrossFit and I friggin' love it!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Team

My team is made up of every walk of life.  People with common and uncommon jobs, common and uncommon lives, and anything else that you can think of.  Guess what?  Our common purpose to draw us together is CrossFit and our common goal, to make the most of every workout that the CrossFit Opens provides us so that we can represent ourselves at the Regionals in May in Canton, MA.


So I had mentioned that I couldn't do as much as someone else on 12.1 (CrossFit Games 2012, workout #1), I couldn't help my team, and that kinda stung a little bit.  We sometimes get the feeling of not pulling our weight, which can be debilitating mentally.  But sometimes, it's okay.  For me, that wasn't a strength, and for one particular Russian (I believe he was Russian, and he crushed 161 = gross) it was and he did phenomenal. 

So do I keep my head down and feel sorry for myself?

Heck no!

But I know that I can help out in the next workout, or the next workout, or the next after that, or even the final one.  The fact is that since we don't know whats coming, I am optimistic that I can help in at least one area, even if it means bringing someone water after they are done or cheering on so that someone gets one more rep.  A positive attitude can do more for everyone, especially yourself.  Again, pour your heart into what you do and you can't really be mad at the outcome.

Short and sweet, just like the WOD's so far.

-Coach Tony


‎"To do a common thing, uncommonly well, brings success" Henry John Heinz

No comments:

Post a Comment