Pages





It all started from a friend, a colleague, a peer . . .
From being bored with the same routine, from plateauing time and time again . . .
I wanted to get healthy, I wanted people around me who cared . . .

They called it constantly varied, functional movements, executed at high intensity . . .

It's about taking the first step -

It's called CrossFit and I friggin' love it!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Taking On the Champ

It's funny when you work out alone - all these thoughts run through your head as you grudgingly get through the work - the helpless feeling you may or may not get in your stomach as you open your ears more to beckon in the sounds of anything other than your own breathing.  Last night I was doing work - but there was no way I was alone . . .


At times we get tunnel vision, which is good.  Our focus and intent is on the task(s) at hand and that is where it needs to be.  However, out of the corner of your eye is your friend, your com-padre, someone who would do the work for you if they weren't toiling.  But guess what?  They are taking on the champ. . . .

So who is the Champ?  When you do the work, your the Champ, I don't care how cheesy that sounds.  It's the truth.  And the person working next to you is going against you and themselves.  The competitiveness runs deep in this culture - but even with that level of competitiveness there lies a passion to help others, to encourage others, and to watch others succeed.

To succeed means to achieve the goals that were initially set forth at the beginning.  According to google: Achieve what one aims or wants to.  First things first - you gotta get through the workout, second thing, set a goal at the beginning of the workout, try writing it down in your book before you start - so what if you don't know how you are going to do, set an expectation within yourself upfront.  If you go don't achieve the expectation write down the why - it's possible the weight was too much, etc - could that be a weakness?  Something we need to work on?  Sure, but you were willing to set a goal within yourself for yourself.

I have met a ton of folks who people refer to as "firebreathers", I gotta tell ya, they are just really fit people.  They are super nice, full of energy and willing to help out in any way they can.  The one similarity I see in them all that stands out right from the beginning is confidence.  Confidence that can only be obtained through achieving - achieving personal goals, achieving fitness goals, etc.  So what am I asking?  Cause I don't know that I ask much through this outlet, but take on the champ within yourself.  Build your confidence through obtaining small goals and achieve what you set out to do.

"A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing."
- Muhammad Ali








- Coach Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment