Pages





It all started from a friend, a colleague, a peer . . .
From being bored with the same routine, from plateauing time and time again . . .
I wanted to get healthy, I wanted people around me who cared . . .

They called it constantly varied, functional movements, executed at high intensity . . .

It's about taking the first step -

It's called CrossFit and I friggin' love it!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Sharing the Love of a Blog

There are so many good blogs out there - lets talk about those that pertain to CrossFit.  I just wanted to highlight some that I have seen through research and those that I happen to follow . . .

To begin this off-cycle blog post (as I normally just write after I have Coached) let's call this the most interactive session I might have.  Readers have a tendency to do just that, read.  But today/tonight, I would like to see what you read and please, don't hesitate to share.  In the culture of CrossFit, it is in our blood to encourage and propel people forward.

To start us off, the inspirational and compassionate words of Lisbeth Darsh, Director of Social Media for CrossFit, Inc. spark a very deep chord with a number of folks.  Lisbeth owns and coaches at CrossFit Watertown in Watertown, CT.  I have had the pleasure of meeting Lisbeth a number of times and she is always forthcoming and welcoming.

http://crossfitlisbeth.com/

I have only met Kevin Daigle once in passing.  Out of CrossFit New England, I have seen him perform as an athlete which is a treat because this guy acts the way he writes.  He is a heartfelt athlete with a powerful way with words.  Although slightly crass (no offense, because I wholeheartedly enjoy it), his humor has a way of impacting the reader.  His intent always appears to inform, very pointedly I might add.  If you are looking for some humor, something to relate to, and some insight into CrossFit, two thumbs up!

http://www.daiglebreathesfire.com/


I haven't had the opportunity to meet Karen, the writer of Why You Are Never Too Old to CrossFit.  But I have to say, this lady does her research.  Whether it is on topics of Paleo(lifestyle and diet), clothing trends(just read one of her more recent posts), or everyday topics that impact her, she provides insight into the world of CrossFit from an experienced point of view:

http://nevertooldforcrossfit.blogspot.com/

CrossFit is a culture, I have said this many times before.  And although this next individuals blog isn't maintained daily, he has made it this past years work to dedicate himself to a CrossFit athlete who passed away, Amanda Miller.  Dave Lipson is a upbeat athlete with an extremely positive attitude.  I had the pleasure of judging the Milford Sectionals with him in 2010 (although it seems so much longer than that).  Dave has dedicated 365 Days of Squatting at least 450lbs on the bar every day: A Years Challenge Dedicated to Amanda Miller and Skin Cancer Awareness.  CrossFit is about giving back - and to my knowledge, no one has exuded this as much as Dave.  If you happen to follow this blog, look back to when he first started and see the change that has occurred:


http://365daysofsquatting.blogspot.com/




So take a browse through the aforementioned.  I know that there are thousands upon thousands of CrossFit blogs throughout the world (LITERALLY), therefore, if you don't see one that you would like to share, take the time to write it down, I am sure there are many who would appreciate it!

FYI:  Google Results for crossfit blog
About 1,770,000 results
(0.14 seconds) 

AWESOME!

-Coach Tony

1 comment: