Pages





It all started from a friend, a colleague, a peer . . .
From being bored with the same routine, from plateauing time and time again . . .
I wanted to get healthy, I wanted people around me who cared . . .

They called it constantly varied, functional movements, executed at high intensity . . .

It's about taking the first step -

It's called CrossFit and I friggin' love it!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Just a Thought

If you religiously go to the gym everyday, just because you go to the gym everyday, take a quick gander. . .


Toughen up your skin for a moment - this one could sting.

Just going means nothing.  There, I think that about sums it up.

If you are training for a sprint and all you do for training is run a 1 x 400 meters at 2 minutes all the time, I can be pretty sure that you will not get much faster than that.  You have to run faster, more intervals, possibly shorter distances, etc.

I had a tough time figuring out how to put this in words.  To me, it's like trying to ask someone what they do for a workout and the response comes out to, "Well, I walk at work." You have to do more than just walk at work

Not exactly what I would call working out, just my two cents.

Sweaty and dirty, with hints of exhaustion in the form of heavy breathing - that about sums up some form of working out (please do not misconstrue this with 30 min of the shake weight).  Pushing your body to a limit - and then going past it.

Trying something new is always fun - ever try and do gymnastics?  Always a good time.

How about lift some heavy shit off the ground?  No, it's not this "I lift things up and put them down."

 
I mean lift some heavy shit off the ground:


I think the point is clear - you have to push yourself - key ingredient: you.

Push, or as mentioned in one of yesterday's classes, "Grow your intestinal fortitude. . ."

If you don't have some muscle fatigue in the general vicinity that you were working on (please, I know that certain movements are compound movements and aren't necessarily isolated like bicep curls) then I would reconsider the stress that you were putting on your body.

Just a quick note, a funny video to watch, and some wise words to end with:

If it's easy, do it faster, if it's still easy, try something you ain't good at.

-Coach Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment