Pages





It all started from a friend, a colleague, a peer . . .
From being bored with the same routine, from plateauing time and time again . . .
I wanted to get healthy, I wanted people around me who cared . . .

They called it constantly varied, functional movements, executed at high intensity . . .

It's about taking the first step -

It's called CrossFit and I friggin' love it!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Starting all over again

I have had my fill of taking breaks with CrossFit. . . needless to say, it never ends well.  I have been away from these posts for far too long, therefore, I am going to make it a necessary thing on nights when I coach, to come away with something.  There is always a story to tell, whether its a life lesson, a quick lesson, or a question I hear from the night.


It's okay to get frustrated doing any movement.  A lot of what we do requires technique and some patience, I can't reiterate enough how important it is to stay level headed.  I ended up getting an email from someone last night apologizing for getting frustrated.  Interesting, it was about pull-ups - during the WOD no kip, but tired, finished with the workout, and not in the heat of the moment, they got their chin over the bar with ease.  A deep breath, a step back, re-address and get to work. 

Sometimes you just gotta clear your head to make it go your way.

A simple message that has a profound effect.

Let's see what tomorrow brings, and for those of you who did "Jackie" last night, congrats, that is one fun workout that I enjoy watching!

Getting back on track to bring you something every night I coach.

-Coach Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment