Pages





It all started from a friend, a colleague, a peer . . .
From being bored with the same routine, from plateauing time and time again . . .
I wanted to get healthy, I wanted people around me who cared . . .

They called it constantly varied, functional movements, executed at high intensity . . .

It's about taking the first step -

It's called CrossFit and I friggin' love it!

Friday, May 31, 2013

Getting Back into the Swing

So I stepped away from writing again, but there was a legitimate reason....  I had nothing to write about, or so I thought....


You see, there is always something to comment on, always something to talk about.  Kelly Starrett has become the face of mobility and although we teach the air squat in a 10-20 min session, I have a feeling Kelly could talk about it for at least a couple of days.  There is a ton of nuances that the body produces when someone squats, therefore, it takes the conversation regarding just the simple air squat to multiple situations and discussions. 

The same thing occurs with training.  Over the past year I have read up on a variety of different training methods for developing strength.  There are a million different programs, but my focus is slightly different than a year before.  An in-home injury led to surgery, which now leads to rehabilitation.  One of the things that I am looking for is something that will slowly lead me to increase weight without any additional injury.  In fact, I would still like to partake in the activities that take place at The Tempest Freerunning Academy - I am sure that I am still 6 mo. away from parkour. 

Its an awful feeling to not be able to push forward.  My impatience could very well set me back.  However, I do have the foresight to take it slow, methodically re-learning movements that my brain knows, but my muscles do not.  The easiest metaphor to use would be riding the bike, but I have done that in the past.  I would rather say this is like learning to bike for the first time.

Cheers to moving forward and taking the first step all over again.

- Coach T

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to find Anthony Oteri from Newton, MA. He would have a brother named Charles who owns a funeral home somewhere in Boston. I spent much of my childhood summers with the 2 brothers and would love to talk with Anthony. We used to call him Champ. I am Frank Yantosca @ frankcopycat@gmail.com or 443 677-2648. If you are his son please get back to me. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete